World-famous masterpiece of the Soviet architectural avant-garde, the house where Konstantin Stepanovich Melnikov lived was originally designed and built in the period from 1927 to 1929.
The residence was closed for decades, but the Schusev State Museum of Architecture is now “opening Melnikov’s heritage to the world”, as announced by Pavel Kuznetsov, director of the State Melnikov’s Museum. Visits are available in pre−booked guided tours.
First image: Melnikov’s own studio. Copyright: Peter Knoch.